Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mel On...What Did I Just Do?!

So...you know that feeling I was talking about when you run?  That, "life is awesome, I can do anything" jazz you feel when you hit the proverbial "runner's high?"  The feeling that leads you to sign up for things you are totally not prepared for?  Like, say, a marathon...



Hey, guess what? That feeling goes away.  That feeling goes away real quick...especially when the severity of what you have just committed yourself to sinks in.  TWENTY SIX POINT TWO FREAKING MILES.

26.2 miles.

That is 138,336 feet.

1,660,032 inches.

That is the equivalent of running a football field 461 times.

That is just plain CRAZY.

Crazy enough that only 0.50% of the U.S. population has completed one....and I think I am going to do this?!

What the haysticks was I thinking? Because, not only did I sign up for a marathon.  I signed up for THE marathon. You know, the one in Athens, Greece.  The one where the guy DIED afterward.  That one.  And it's in 70 days, 07 hours, and 33 minutes.....

Apparently, my little overachieving self has some training to do...


1 comment:

  1. You could have left off that last tid bit of info...as your mom I certainly could have done without hearing that. :) However, I am so proud of you and you are just stubborn enough and strong enough to do this!

    ReplyDelete