Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mel On...My First Marathon - Part 3 (More on the Finish!)


I can't tell you what it feels like to not only finish my first marathon, but to finish it in such a historical location..and to have my family there watching me...talk about priceless!



After crossing the finish line I circled the stadium to receive my finisher's medal and had my photo taken (superstar!).  It was amaze-balls.

I met up with John and the kids at the end of the stadium and John lifted Jackson to me over the rail.  He was SOOOO HAPPY! (I think he might have just been happy that seeing me meant it was time to leave - they had been there for 2 hours at that point, I told them I wasn't going to finish that soon but they had the faith! - either way, I went with it).  He went with me to the finisher's area where they gave me a bag of water/juice and we each got an "alien blanket."  He thought that was the coolest thing ever!


Here are some more pics of the stadium/finish:

(Pic of the stadium during set up, from the race website)

(Another great pic from the race website!)
LOVE this photo!
"Racing!"
John asked them what they thought I would look like when I crossed the finish line!


(Me running)
 



...and for kicks...

This is what I felt like running into the stadium....


...and this is what I actually looked like!

Bahahaha! 






1 comment:

  1. These are so so so so cool! Love you sweetie.Love the kids shirts!

    ReplyDelete