Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mel On...Solo Runs

Yesterday I had about an hour before kickboxing class so I decided to go on a quick, easy 4 miler to explore more in-depth a trail I found a few weeks ago...




I haven't done a solo run in a while and I forgot how much I enjoyed it!  Don't get me wrong, I love my running buddies.  But there is something completely empowering about running through the woods or through a field all by yourself with nothing but your little ole' legs to get you home.  It is simply a feeling that I cannot get doing anything else!

It's the ultimate "me" time.  I can belt out my playlist at the top of my voice or bust a dance move if the mood strikes me...with no witnesses to my craziness.  Not that my running buddies would mind (I'm pretty sure they've seen or heard it a time or two and haven't left me yet...and there is something to be said for that!) but it's different on your own.  I don't know, it's freeing.  

I will definitely carve a couple more solo runs into my calendar this year...but until then I look forward to tomorrow's run with my girl, Bri.  We are checking out a new trail and I'm super-excited!

Here are some more pics of today's trail:


Will never get tired of seeing that sun pop up!

The only negative to this route is two little intersections I have to go through.
(I either love the break for traffic so I can catch my breath or I hate it that it messes up my time!)

 Gah, I love running!



No comments:

Post a Comment