Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mel On...Surviving

Well, after the horror that was yesterday - which made me rethink everything down to my mere existence - I am better.  Check that.  I am proud.

Yes, the run was horrible (and I'm not even factoring in the whole having to go to the bathroom incident).  But, I did it.  I DID IT.  I kept up with girls I never thought I could keep up with.  And despite being tired and the other issue, I ran farther than my last 18 mile run and I ran it a little over 6 minutes faster and I survived.

Like I've said before, I am slow and I am perfectly okay with that.  Depending on the distance I average between 10:30 to a 12:00 min/mile.  Yesterday I was running 9 minute miles.  ME.  As much as I hated it, I now know I can do it.  I can do it!  

Now, the hard part is just getting my legs to agree to do it again....

No comments:

Post a Comment